sabato 14 maggio 2011

I will

"... ...  about the 1991 bombing of the Amiriyah shelter in Iraq, where 408 women and children were boiled to death after two laser-guided American missiles broke water pipes in the bunker above them. Thom has said that this is the angriest song he ever wrote, as his fury about the brutality of American war-making is most fully realized on this track off of Hail to the Thief."



"As a song it's sort of like a love song, but it's also sort of the angriest thing I've ever written as well. That sort of anger, that you can't even begin to express. This thing about 'you can do anything you want to me, but if you come after my family I will kill you.' You know, that sort of thing, which everyone has in them, I think." (official Hail to the Thief interview CD, April 2003)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento